Elite Forensic Services, LLC is a network of forensic experts in various domains (fingerprints, bloodstain pattern analysis, DNA, footwear, firearms, and tool marks) that provide a fee-based service to analyze evidence in cases. We have experience in criminal, civil, and corporate security cases. We recognize the important work of the Innocence Project (IP) and on a case-by-case basis will perform pro bono work to evaluate an IP case.
Elite Forensic Services, LLC and our partners routinely handle cases where fingerprint evidence is involved. For example, we have reviewed many cases for defense work, in both pre-trial and post-conviction settings. We review the accuracy of the conclusions in the case, as well as perform a review of the process used to achieve those conclusions. In some cases, we can consult on processing of evidence where newer technology can be applied. We also utilize several new forensic fingerprint tools including: automatic image quality assessment, forensic fingerprint statistical models, a Case AFIS approach (automated searching of individuals in the case), and enhanced documentation and reporting approaches. We have also provided consultation and testimony for admissibility hearings for forensic fingerprint evidence.
A few examples of these cases include:
- The defense case for Darlie Routier
- Admissibility hearing for fingerprints in Minnesota v. Terrell Dixon – File No. 27-CR-10-3378
- Admissibility hearing for fingerprints in People of the State of Illinois v. Robert Morris; No. 11 CR 12889-01, in Cook County Circuit Court, Illinois.
- Admissibility hearing for fingerprints in North Carolina v. Timothy Moore; No. 16-CR-002178, in Durham County, North Carolina.
- Trial: United States v. Norris Andrews CR No. 18-149(SRN/DTS) in Hennepin County, Minnesota. (First use of proposed 2018 OSAC Conclusion Scale).
- Provided fingerprint consultation for documentaries involving: The Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping, Jack the Ripper, and the Zodiac Killer.
Contact Glenn Langenburg for consulting rates. Email Glenn@EliteForensicServices.com
Reduced rates are available for indigent defendants and assigned counsel cases